Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all fall 2020 lecture courses will be online only. Courses scheduled with a combination of lecture and lab should be delivered in a hybrid format, with the lecture portion online and the lab portion face-to-face. This is contingent upon the State's Restore Illinois mandate and achievement of the Phase 4 standard. Lab-only courses will be delivered face-to-face contingent upon the State's Restore Illinois mandate and achievement of the Phase 4 standard.*
*Disclaimer: This information is valid as of 7/18/20. Please check back for additional information or visit our COVID-19 FAQ page for the most up-to-date information.
Flex Start Classes
- Fall flex start classes begin Oct. 12.
*Additional classes have been added!
- GEER Funding
The Governor's Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Fund supports students who have had expenses due to interrupted campus operations related to COVID-19. Eligible students include those who qualify for Title IV funds and are either underrepresented, low-income or first generation students. Apply now.
- Student Emergency Funds
- Life comes with many challenges, and unexpected emergencies happen. JJC offers Student Emergency Funds to those students in need of tuition, food, travel, technology assistance due to an emergency situation.
- JJC Scholarships
- Free laptops
- Don’t let technology be a barrier to your education! JJC has a free loaner laptop program to help you succeed. Contact the Student Advising Center for more information.
Enhanced Online Experience
- Course Quality Review: by faculty experienced in online teaching. Those faculty are serving as mentors to their peers to improve the online academic experience.
- Unique Student Challenges: We recognize the unique challenges facing students as a result of enrollment in multiple online classes, including a range of additional assignments and increased due dates for submissions. Faculty are aware of how the conversion to more online education is impacting your ability to complete work in a timely and effective manner.